Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Okay, I follow a couple different wedding blogs. Offbeat Bride is my favorite (see the badge in the sidebar), but I also dabble in A Practical Wedding. A lot of the time, their posts have too much emotional handwringing for me, but every once in awhile (especially when the woman who runs the blog, Meg, writes something) I read something that either really hits home or really sums up my own experience.

Today's post is one of those.

I sympathize so strongly with the feelings of fear, despair, and hopelessness that Meg writes about as she works a soulless job and her husband tries and fails over and over to find a job in an economy that's spiraling out of control around them. Graduating college into a recession and spending my first year and a half as an independent adult supporting two has changed how I think about money, how I think about work, and how I think about myself. For better and for worse. I hope the better sticks and the worse fades.

And I glad our story, like Meg's, has so far had a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment